Why We Exist
Problem — Low to mid-market investment banking and capital raising is complex, inefficient, low-tech, non-intuitive, and expensive.
Mission — To democratize mid-market investment banking and remove global barriers to entry for everyone.
Vision — Revolutionize global investment banking by setting global standards for efficient, technology-driven processes that prioritize superior service and compliance. Empower founders to turn their visions into reality, improving safety and profits for investors, brokers, and employees.
Values to accomplish our mission:
- Remove friction, effort, and time
- Simplicity reveals truth
- Eat the complexity of customers.
- Simple changes can make massive improvements
- Less is usually more.
- Constraints breed resourcefulness.
- In collecting feedback, have high sensitivity to details
- Measure what matters and measure often
- Primary market feedback is the most important type of feedback, but it can be highly leveraged by secondary market feedback.
- We serve the market, not ourselves. Customer feedback drives our direction. We do what is best for our customers because that is what’s best for us.
- Reverse-engineer every roadmap goal to its definitive and calculable steps
- On a team, be bold in the pursuit of truth.
- Think in probabilities
- Asking amazing questions is often more important than getting solutions to poor questions
- Delegate and automate to remove cognitive biases
- When in doubt or confused, focus on solving people’s problems
- Focus most of your energy, most of the time, on your bottleneck to progress
- Most energy is wasted; focus on high-leverage tasks
- Focus on what you keep, not what you make
- The deal is not done until it is done
- Many massive improvements can be made with simple behavioral or mental adjustments.
- Where possible, sacrifice the short-term for the long-term, despite our natural bias to favor faster gratification. Build solutions that work over the long term.
- Focus on protecting the downside by being compliant